ActiveCampaign-to-HubSpot: the complete guide for UK businesses
ActiveCampaign and HubSpot are two of the most popular marketing automation platforms available, with each offering a suite of tools designed to help businesses attract, engage and delight their customers.
If your business is currently using ActiveCampaign and considering a move to HubSpot, it's important to understand the benefits and challenges associated with the migration. In this article, we'll explore why a business might move from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot and provide a step-by-step guide to help you make a seamless transition.
Why move from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot?
There are several reasons why a business might consider moving from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot, including:
- The all-on-one platform: HubSpot is an all-on-one platform that offers marketing, sales and customer service tools in one place. This means that businesses can manage their entire customer journey in one platform, making it easier to coordinate and optimise their efforts. In her article ‘Why we switched from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot’, Rebecca Tracey explains:In her article ‘Why we switched from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot’, Rebecca Tracey explains:
‘HubSpot is the only platform that can provide all of the tools we need to manage and track all aspects of our sales and marketing efforts in one place.’
- Advanced reporting and analytics: HubSpot provides advanced reporting and analytics features that enable businesses to track their performance and measure the success of their campaigns. With HubSpot, businesses can gain deeper insights into their customers' behaviour and make data-driven decisions to optimise their marketing and sales efforts.
Michael Brenner explains his motivations for switching platforms in his article ‘10 reasons why HubSpot is the best marketing automation platform for small businesses’:
‘The ability to see all of your marketing and sales data in one place is an absolute game-changer. It helps small businesses make smarter decisions based on real data, and it saves a ton of time by eliminating the need to juggle multiple platforms and logins.’
- Greater customisation and flexibility: HubSpot offers more customisation and flexibility options, when compared to ActiveCampaign. This means that businesses can create more tailored experiences for their customers and personalise their campaigns to better align with their audience’s unique needs.
- Enhanced collaboration and productivity: HubSpot’s enhanced collaboration features, make it easier for teams to work together and stay on the same page. With features like team dashboards and task management, businesses can improve their productivity and efficiency.
Step-by-step guide to migrating from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot
Migrating from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot can be a daunting process, but with the right planning and execution, it can be done seamlessly.
At SpotDev, we recommend this process follows the following structure:
- Needs assessment
- ActiveCampaign audit
This is so that we don’t miss anything crucial, and so that your business understands and participates in exactly what is happening at each stage of the migration. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you make the transition, once you’re ready to migrate:
Step 1: Analyse your current ActiveCampaign setup
Before you start the migration process, it's important to analyse your current ActiveCampaign setup, and identify which data and campaigns you want to migrate to HubSpot. This includes:
- Your ActiveCampaign contact list
- Your ActiveCampaign automations and workflows
- Your ActiveCampaign email campaigns
- Your ActiveCampaign forms and landing pages.
Step 2: Export your data from ActiveCampaign
To export your data from ActiveCampaign, follow these steps:
- Go to your ActiveCampaign dashboard and navigate to the list, automation or campaign that you want to export
- Click on the "Export" button
- Select the file format you want to use (CSV or Excel) and click "Export".
Step 3: Import your data to HubSpot
To import your data to HubSpot, follow these steps:
- Go to your HubSpot dashboard and navigate to the area where you want to import your data (e.g., contacts, campaigns, forms, etc.)
- Click on the "Import" button
- Select the file format you want to use (CSV or Excel) and upload your exported file
- Map your fields to the corresponding fields in HubSpot and click "Import".
Step 4: Rebuild your automations and workflows in HubSpot
Once you've imported your data, it's time to rebuild your automations and workflows in HubSpot. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your HubSpot dashboard and navigate to the "Workflows" section
- Click on the "Create Workflow" button
- Choose the type of workflow you want to create (e.g., lead nurturing, customer onboarding, etc.)
- Set your workflow triggers and actions
- Test your workflow to ensure it's working correctly.
Step 5: Rebuild your email campaigns in HubSpot
To rebuild your email campaigns in HubSpot, follow these steps:
- Go to your HubSpot dashboard and navigate to the "Email" section.
- Click on the "Create Email" button.
- Choose the type of email you want to create (e.g., newsletter, promotional, etc.).
- Customize your email design and content.
- Set your email audience and scheduling.
6: Rebuild your forms and landing pages in HubSpot
To rebuild your forms and landing pages in HubSpot, follow these steps:
- Go to your HubSpot dashboard and navigate to the "Forms" or "Landing Pages" section
- Click on the "Create Form" or "Create Landing Page" button
- Choose the type of form or landing page you want to create (e.g., contact form, lead capture page, etc.)
- Customise your form or landing page design and content
- Set your form or landing page fields and submission actions.
Step 7: Train your team on HubSpot
Once you've completed the migration, it's important to train your team on how to use HubSpot effectively. This includes:
- Providing an overview of the HubSpot platform and its features
- Showing your team how to navigate the HubSpot dashboard
- Providing training on specific tools and workflows within HubSpot
- Encouraging your team to ask questions and seek help if they encounter any issues.
Migrating from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot can be a challenging process, but the benefits of doing so can be significant for UK businesses. With its all-in-one platform, advanced reporting and analytics, greater customisation and flexibility, and enhanced collaboration and productivity features, HubSpot is a powerful tool for businesses looking to streamline their marketing and sales processes.
By following this step-by-step guide, you can make a seamless transition from ActiveCampaign to HubSpot, and start reaping the rewards of this powerful platform. Remember to take the time to analyse your current ActiveCampaign setup, export your data, and rebuild your automations, workflows, email campaigns, forms, and landing pages in HubSpot. And don't forget to train your team on how to use HubSpot effectively so you can maximise your results and achieve your business goals together.
Our content includes affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission if you make a purchase through one of the links on our website. This will be at no cost to you and helps to fund the content creation work on our website.